BEFORE – THE CHALLENGES:
1. All cooking in the school was done on firewood so a considerable amount of funds was spent on it.
2. The school was burning approximately 8 tons of firewood per month, causing hundreds of trees to be cut down yearly.
3. Firewood cooking was not eco-friendly + created additional work for the staff to cook and for the teachers and students to chop firewood.
4. The School had issues with disposing of food and vegetable waste.
5. The School did not have/use fertilizer for the garden.
AFTER – THE SOLUTIONS:
1. With a single unit, the school is now able to greatly reduce the number of funds spent on firewood, in the future, an additional unit should be able to eliminate this expense.
2. Significant tree cut reduction hoping to fully eliminate this issue in the future.
3. We reduced the amount of firewood used for cooking by up to 80%, enabling more time for students to study and do other projects.
4. A single system enables them to recycle their leftover food waste, reducing smell and improving hygiene on the school grounds.
5. Biofertilizer from the system is able to improve the yield of the school vegetable garden.